|Red Lake Fall Classic on Red Lake in Ontario - Courtesy of RLFC|
The catch & release walleye tournament is held In Red Lake on September 3rd and 4th, 2011. The Red Lake Fall Classic is held each Labour Day with the top anglers taking home cash, merchandise and some bragging rights. Last year's winners of the Red Lake Fall Classic were Joe Barron and Lonnie Lundmark. With a day one total of 14.22 lbs and 13.70 lbs on day two, the 27.92 lb total was enough for first place. The big fish of the walleye tournament came on day two and was a nice 7.82 lb walleye caught by Wayne Cerven and Stan Cerven.
2011 Red Lake Fall Classic prizes, based on 140 teams, are as follows:
- First $11,000
- Second $5,000 & 2 Humminbird Trolling Locators
- Third $3,000 & 2 MinnKota Trolling Motors
- Fourth $2,300
- Fifth $1,700
- Sixth $1,300
- Seventh $1,200
- Eighth $1,100
- Ninth $1,000
- Tenth $900
- 11th - 15th $300
- 16th - 20th $200
- 21st - 25th $100 & 21st - 24th get a tackle box
There is a Junior Championship on Saturday September 3rd from noon-2pm at the Government Dock. All participants win prizes. Last year Isabeau Laverdure won first prize with a 0.72 lb Rock Bass. The Kids Tournament is open to children under 12.
Check back next week to see updates on who won the 2011 Red Lake Fall Classic Catch & Release Walleye Tournament. Visit Sunset Country's website to see a listing of other fishing tournaments in Northwestern Ontario.
Red Lake Fall Classic Day 1 Results as per the Red Lake Fall Classic website:
Top five anglers
- Dave Cryderman & Dan Daciw - 17.53 lbs
- Dennis Wintle & Kevin Szachury - 17.06 lbs
- Dominic Dodic & Andy Willis - 15.35 lbs
- Doug Skomoroh & Keith Rutter - 15.19 lbs
- Kevan Bassingthwaite & Harry Spence - 14.83 lbs
Unofficial results of the 2011 Red Lake Fall Classic are:
- Dennis Wintle & Kevin Szachury D1-17.06, D2-14.89, Total: 31.95
- Dave Cryderman & Dan Daciw D1-17.53, D2-13.34, Total: 30.87
- Patrick MacMillan & Catherine Farley D1-14.54, D2-13.99, Total: 28.53
- Kevan Bassingthwaite & Harry Spence D1-14.83, D2-13.27, Total: 28.10
- JP Kennedy & David Koss D1-13.92, D2-13.53, Total: 27.45
- Dean McDonald & Scott Gardiner D1-14.45, D2-12.58, Total: 27.03
- Dominic Dodic & Andy Willis D1-15.35, D2-11.54, Total: 26.89
- Doug Skomoroh & Keith Rutter D1-15.19, D2-11.62, Total: 26.81
- Jerry Woods & Jake Teichroeb D1-13.79, D2-12.69, Total: 26.48
- Jason Leblanc & Tim Szaflik D1-14.58, D2-11.80, Total: 26.38
Big Fish Day two: Warren Kujansuu & Ron Kujansuu with a 6.19 lb walleye.
Junior Championship: Garrette Peloquin won the Kid's Tournament with a 1.46 lb Northern Pike.
For a complete list of winners, please visit the Red Lake Fall Classic website.