Flyin' Bob opens the Children's Entertainment Series circuit in Northwest Ontario. Atikokan's Children's Entertainment Series, Dryden's Children's Delight Series, Fort Frances' Kids and Company, Kenora's Sunday Smiles, Red Lake's Family Entertainment Series, and Sioux Lookout Kids Kaleidoscope have been offering four, high quality performances that focus mostly on dance, music theatre and puppetry for children and their families Sunset Country.
The 2011/12 performances are as follows:
From the rainbow skywriter, to a dramatic and nearly disastrous finale on the 9 foot high, 20 foot long tight-wire, Flyin' Bob; balancer, wire walker, professional idiot and highly skilled goofball, takes you on a visit to the one man three ring circus in his mind. He views the world as filled with toys, and tries to convince his audience to see it the same way. The most common reaction after seeing the show is, "This guy has too much time on his hands!". Flyin' Bob considers this the highest possible compliment.
- October 22, 2011 at 6:30 pm at the Red Lake District High School in Red Lake
- October 23, 2011 at 2:00 pm at Lakewood School in Kenora
- at the Townshend Theatre Fort Frances
The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus
Based on the book by L Frank Baum, author of The Wizard of Oz, this exciting story follows the early life of Santa Claus from being abandoned in the forest and adopted by the wood-nymphs, through to making and delivering the very first toys. Meet the original reindeer Glossie and Flossie as well as the chilly rogue Jack Frost and find out the answer to lots of Christmas questions! Why do we hang stockings? Where the first Christmas tree was decorated? And finally how he came to be known as Saint Nicholas and Santa Claus. Packed with funny jokes, inventive puppets, enchanting songs and tons of opportunities for the audience to join in, The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus is both a beautifully crafted story and an engaging piece of theatre.
- November 17, 2011 at 6:30 pm at the Sacred Heart School in Sioux Lookout
- November 18, 2011 at 6:30 pm at The Centre in Dryden
- November 19, 2011 at 6:30 pm at the Red Lake District High School in Red Lake
- November 20, 2011 at 2:00 pm at Lakewood School in Kenora
- November 21, 2011 at 6:30 pm at the Townshend Theatre in Fort Frances
- November 23, 2011 at 6:30 pm at the Atikokan High School in Atikokan
Winnipeg magician Anders has been performing and astounding audiences professionally for over 10 years. Anders' show is an interactive combination of magic, juggling, comedy and pick-pocketing. The kids will be glad to know he uses plenty of audience participation but watch out for Anders' 2 animal co-stars Rocky and Vinnie. A true entertainer, Anders strives to make your experience memorable and magical. This 60 minute show is sure to impress and delight all ages.
- February 23, 2012 at 6:30 pm at the Sacred Heart School in Sioux Lookout
- February 24, 2012 at in Dryden
- February 25, 2012 at 6:30 pm at the Red Lake District High School in Red Lake
- February 26, 2012 at 2:00 pm at Lakewood School in Kenora
- February 27, 2012 at 6:30 pm at the Townshend Theatre in Fort Frances
- February 29, 2012 at 6:30 pm at the Atikokan High School in Atikokan
Project Soul was created to share the love and passion of hip hop. It shows the positive impact it can have on communities and how it connects/identifies with so many of today's youth. The group is made up of individuals who each specialize in different genres of street dance: popping, locking, hip hop, street jazz and breakdance. The show highlights these individual lives and how they came together as Project Soul.
Project Soul begins with the opening of their current touring show: how music gave them the gift of dance. This leads into each individual performer's solo that include biographical voiceovers expressing how they got involved with street dance culture and what impact it has on their lives. In conclusion they end with how hip hop has brought them together as a group, a community and given them much more understanding of their own identity.
- April 19, 2012 at 6:30 pm at the Sacred Heart School in Sioux Lookout
- April 20, 2012 at 6:30 pm a Dryden
- April 21, 2012 at 6:30 pm at the Red Lake District High School in Red Lake
- April 22, 2012 at 2:00 pm at Lakewood School in Kenora
- April 23, 2012 at 6:30 pm at the Townshend Theatre in Fort Frances
- April 25, 2012 at 6:30 pm at the Atikokan High School in Atikokan
Atikokan: Atikokan Children's Entertainment Series or call Kathy at 807-597-4306
Dryden: Children's Delight Series
Fort Frances: Kids and Company
Kenora: Sunday Smiles or Sunday Smiles on Facebook
Red Lake: Family Entertainment Series
Sioux Lookout: Kids Kaleidoscope